Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Mountain stay

Leiya's family and Tetsu and I stayed two nights at an absolutely lovely AirBnB in Idyllwild which my sister-in-law couldn't understand at all.

"Wait.  We've got a cabin up there and you're going to stay at an AirBnB?  Why?"

We made the decision to stay at an AirBnB on Takumi and Julieta's advice.

"That cabin is NOT baby proof.  I wouldn't advise trying to stay there with Luka."

I'll show you why in tomorrow's post.

Anyway, the AirBnB was modern, it had a cozy feel, it was WARM, we had all the conveniences we needed like a microwave, wi-fi, a shower etc.  
A big main room with lots of seating, and two bedrooms.
A cute bear on the deck!
Introducing Luka to the bear.
The next day we drove the short distance into the little town of Idyllwild.
Lots of animal carvings around.
A bear bench.
We spent a couple of hours wandering around the town, Leiya and Tony wine tasting, Tetsu and me buying matching Idyllwild caps.  
We enjoyed visiting a nursery...
In the evening Takumi drove up from his home which is only about 30 minutes away, and he made dinner for us all.  (Julieta had to get to work early the next morning so we didn't see her this evening.)
 A very nice two days in the mountains!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a delightful little town and a super airB&B .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely couple of days indeed. Although I'm not sure of the wisdom of a bear bench if you're in bear country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so heartwarming to see you and Tetsu spending time with your children and grand baby. Wishing you many more wonderful visits to make precious memories with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only do you show us some beautiful sites in Japan, but also in America. These are places I'll never get to visit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Creating wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.