My niece's wedding was at a venue near Temecula and Leiya had reserved a place for us that wasn't too far from the venue, thinking that it would make life easier because she had a rehersal to attend and she and Tony were invited to the rehersal dinner. As it turned out, though the AirBnB was very nice, making access to it was a challenge!
We had some inkling of problems that might ensue when the AirBnB owners had texted to say "Please ignore GPS directions for getting to the accommodations. The best route is..." and that route seemed to take us a round about way... We kept getting deeper and deeper into a canyon and the road kept getting bumpier and bumpier. We were hanging on the sides of the car when we finally made the last turn to our lodgings! If that was the easier route, Wow!
The AirBnB itself was modern and airy and had a wonderful deck that wrapped around the whole building. There were hummingbird feeders everywhere and we all enjoyed watching the hummingbirds buzz back and forth to sip nectar.
The canyon scenery was beautiful and there were numerous places to sit and enjoy the quiet.
Wineries in the distance.
We didn't quite trust Luka to not slip through the decking so he mostly got held.We didn't use the fireplace and it grew quite warm in the afternoon.The cacti flora was so amazing and someone could do a great botany art project while staying here.
Look at the color!
A couple of glitches though while we staying here. Because of the poor access roads, it wasn't really even possible to go out and buy groceries and so Tetsu and Luka and I munched on left-over bananas, salad and tortilla chips this evening while Tony and Leiya went out. After the rehersal dinner, Leiya and Tony decided to try the "alternate route" back to the AirBnB as they couldn't believe there could be a road worse than the one we had used when we arrived at the place. It was, and Leiya said it was absolutely terrifying trying to drive this road at night with no streetlights and no way of knowing what was on the sides of the road.
Leiya and Tony's bed also collapsed in the middle of the night and Leiya said she sent off a complaint to the owners at three in the morning saying "the bed collapsed on MY side and I only weigh 120 lbs!" We found Tony and Leiya and Luka camping on the livingroom floor the next morning.
But finally the 15th arrived and we were ready for my niece's wedding! I was beginning to tire out...
That is one heck of a road! We moved to Murrieta 46 years ago and our road was similar back in 1976. Now, it's paved and city surrounds us.
ReplyDeleteMust mention how CUTE Luka is and I love his round little face and chunky thighs. He looks to be completely relaxed with you or Tetsu.
Also, I just noticed you cut your hair. It looks very good.
I'm wondering if the wedding will be at Rancho Ca. golf resort. Our friends daughter was married there many years ago and it is beautiful. She arrived in a horse drawn carriage...so lovely. Now, there are many beautiful wineries in Temecula that they have a huge choice of venues.
Have a lovely weekend.
Things have changed on your comment section. I'll try this again.
ReplyDeleteLuka is so very cute. Love those chunky thighs and round little face. He looks so content to be held by you or Tetsu.
Also, I just noticed you cut your hair. The style looks good on you.
Our road resembled that one back in 1976 but it's now paved. Can't imagine what it's like during the rain. Oh, but we've had such little rain it probably isn't a problem.
Have a lovely vacation with your family.
Phew, what an adventure.Definitely a road to be avoided at night, or even in daylight. Hope they managed to wrangle a good refund for the collapsed bed!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like that was a beautiful and peaceful place to stay. Too bad the getting there and back was so bad. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely spaces in this AirB&B! Too bad the road to get thhere is either bad or worse.. Was there any refund for the bed that collapsed?
ReplyDeleteI cannt see what I'm writing, so there will be typos. Sorry.
Hugs - Barbara Anne
I love watching the hummingbirds too (I have them year round at my house in Oregon). There is a YouTube channel called Hummingbird Spot, she has a live feed of 5 feeders on her back deck in California that is really interesting to watch. Glad you made it back home safe & sound. Hugs! Kara
ReplyDeleteOh my! Well, I guess this is also the stuff memories are made of. I too hope a bit of refund was made.
ReplyDeleteOh, I've had a few satnav experiences like that - fabulous views but terribly nervous driving!
ReplyDelete