For the past two weeks it has been raining steadily and it is rather difficult to take John for a walk. John doesn't much like going for a walk to begin with and when the ground is wet or when it is raining out he gives me the evil eye and threatens to growl... When I do get him out he often just sets his feet like a mule and I can't get him to budge.
This dog was supposed to be my walking buddy but he says he wasn't informed about that title!
Not a great photo but I took a selfie of me wearing my uniform on rainy days. I've got my regulation summer shirt on and jeans (shh! I'm supposed to be wearing the regulation slacks) and then the regulation rainwear pants and a regulation long rainwear coat with hood flung over the regulation hat. No umbrella allowed thus the hood. And of course nowadays I have to wear a mask... which means I can no longer blow my regulation whistle, BUT I have a regulation flag that also has a buzzer button on it! Let me tell you, even in the summer this rain get-up is like a sauna suit!!!
The walking path up to the school through the forest.
Back home, Mi is watching the yard from the back window. Can you see what has Mi so enthralled? There are two pigeons out there at the bird feeder and they share the meal with numerous sparrows.
And this is a bad photo of one of the pigeons wallowing in the bird seed dish! This pigeon has adopted up and brings over one or two of his friends and when he has eaten his fill he flies up to this larger feeder and SITS THERE! For almost an hour! And he doesn't much care if we come up to his hideout and peer in. AND I'm almost positive that he is the same pigeon that then walks to our front porch and poops there... It is very odd that every morning we find bird poop in the exact same place where there are no trees around to even perch on. I think the feathered fellow has just decided that our front porch is the place he has declared is his bathroom. He has a faithful schedule and he is the only culprit around here who makes himself so much at home!
I can't end my post on the subject of bird bathrooms and so here is a pretty butterfly that was making her rounds in the rain!
Your garden has certainly developed into a wonderful mass of color and interesting textures. Even if it's too wet to sit out in it, it must be restful just seeing it.
ReplyDeleteThose birds were so hard to see, great place to hide. Pity the message about walking didn't get read or listened to, He has a mind of his own!!!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful and John is ________! Poor little fellow just needs a lot of rest! LOL
ReplyDeleteJohn is so handsome. Your description of him makes me laugh.
ReplyDeleteYour property looks so nice. Tetsu has found his calling, I think. And your walk to the school? Gorgeous.
And here in rural Kansas, wavering between double and triple digits...humidity easily 80-90%. Fun times. Ha. Embrace the rain!
Your garden is so pretty. You have sod!!! Tetsu's done a great job. It looks like an oasis.
ReplyDeleteI love your walk to the school.
your garden is so pretty, such a nice view to look out on. Tetsu has done a great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, John. Too humid to enjoy walks. Tanya, you are an intrepid crossing guard in the rain all geared up! Your yard with the tiered flower beds - just gorgeous. I know what you mean about the days slipping by!
ReplyDeleteI had to cover up an area of my porch roof because the birds liked to perch there and make a big mess. They scared me everytime I went on the porch as they flew away because I scared them. I need to paint that board once the weather gets cooler.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe what a fabulous job Tetsu has done with the back yard landscape what a plan he had and created! Good work Tetsu! Ruth in Oxnard CA
ReplyDeleteI am still looking for a dog, but there seems to be a ban on elderly owning dogs, at least here, and "elderly" is over 65! I really am sick of being judged by my age! The garden is looking great, and being enjoyed by that Rufous Turtle Dove. Set a flower pot on the spot he uses and see if he might change his habits to a new spot.
ReplyDelete