One of my English students bought me a birthday cake even and we all enjoyed that!
I now will officially be receiving a retirement pension. With the way the economy is going I wonder how long that will last!
A neighbor sent her husband over with a planter of flowers she had put together for me. She and her husband are great fans of John (at least they like him because he is happy to see them... because the wife gives him treats.)
John in adoring pose.
We also celebrated Father's Day with a late present from Takumi and Julieta. They sent Tetsu an array of succulents! 20 cacti babies! We sure laughed when we opened the box!
Now to keep them alive and thriving!
Speaking of Julieta, she sent me the cutest picture the other day of her and their hamster when she took the hamster to the vet for a check-up. The mask is one of the four that I had sent to them in March and which arrived in California in the middle of June.
That sounds long but Leiya just reports that the masks I had sent to her and Tony at the same time arrived on June 30th! At least the postal service is running again (though I am waiting for a Machine Quilting book that I ordered back in April and Amazon is telling me there is delay in shipping...)
Besides going out to lunch for my birthday the other thing I did was go back to the pool to renew my membership. I haven't been since the middle of March and though I enjoyed not doing the swimming exercise, not spending all the time going to, swimming, showering and coming home that being a member entails... more than three months of staying at home has resulted in a few extra pounds... Sigh... If I'm going to have the extra weight at least I want to be able to make the claim that "I am walking and swimming! What more can I do!" We now get our temperature taken when entering the pool area, we are given set lockers to use which are sanitized after every use and we are requested to social distance and not talk for lengths of time while in the pool... If I'm swimming laps I guess I won't have to worry about the last new policy.
Happy birthday from Australia Tanya! You are looking very good for your age :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tanya! 65 years YOUNG! I admire your energy!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Lovely to share the day with you, albeit at such a distance ❤️💐🍰
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tanya, to receive a weekly or two weekly government payment is a huge bonus, love you0r cake, and those baby cacti, Tetsu will be busy for some time caring for them.XXXX
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Many blessings in the year ahead.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday, Tanya. Sounds like a wonderful birthday. The cake looks delicious and you look fabulous. All he plants look great too - nature brings such joy.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!!! I didn't realize that you were in your 60's even, let alone 65. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tanya! How lovely of your friends to celebrate with you. I'm waiting for an Amazon package from the UK ordered in April as well. The succulents are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday from New Jersey. Wishing you a blessed year to come
ReplyDeleteKaren in New Jersey
Happy Birthday Tanya. Congratulations on making it to the social security club. I ordered a package from England in January and it only took 5 days to reach my mail box in California. Unbelievably fast! I haven't ordered anything out of county since then because of this virus. Hope your package arrives soon. Patty McDonald
ReplyDeleteWishing you a very happy belated birthday. Hope all is well. Jx
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tanya! 65 is a milestone birthday but we are only as old as we feel no matter what the government says! What a wonderful year you have ahead of you with your first grandchild coming. Many blessings to you, Tetsu and your family!
ReplyDeleteTeresa F.
Glad to see you had a Happy Birthday. All the best in the year ahead and thank you for your faithful posting. We all enjoy your writing and photos.
ReplyDeleteBest regards from Gail in Washington State
Belated Happy Birthday, Tanya. Wow, 65. You'll have to tell me how it is as I have never been there. When I hit 50, I started back down and now enjoying my teen years. Nice you could have a celebration with your friends.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, my friend! Here's hoping that your day, and this year to come, will be positively wonderful for you in every way!
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday Tanya!! That cake looked good! :) May you have many more blessed bdays! Hugs from afar in Wilmington, NC!
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday and God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday and wishing you God's richest blessings
ReplyDelete