Oh rats. And the real Koinobori are out flying above the fields. What's going to happen is that I'll find the Koinobori quilt a couple weeks AFTER Boys' Day.
I really was getting into the mood for that Koinobori quilt. I've thought of making another one as a present for someone, so why not now?! That was my thinking yesterday morning when I woke up with a free day ahead of me. I had the pattern someplace and I located that fairly quickly. Finding fabrics was fun though I had to check out my old blog post to see what the first quilt looked like. Then I applied the black bias tape. Yesterday evening I got that far...
Do I want to hand applique all this? Another couple months project that won't get finished until months after Boys' Day. Ah, there was a technique I did with tulle and machine quilting when I made the Happy Village quilts last year. I wonder if that would sew up quickly and nicely.
Well, quickly, yes. Nicely, no. This morning I've been quilting the Boys' Day quilt and I must say I didn't do a very good job. Arggh! I'm not going to be able to give this to anyone! What a waste of time!
Then I happened to be "chatting" with Leiya this morning and she asked me what I was doing.
"Well, I'm making a Koinobori quilt because I can't find my old one though I've looked everywhere.
"Mom. You gave it to me! I have it in Ohio."
"I did? When did I do that?"
So sad when the brain begins to go... Leiya said (I don't remember) that she asked for it and I took it to California last summer.
Oh good. Now I can keep my new Koinobori quilt. It has a childish, paint in with crayons look about it anyway so I guess I don't mind that the quilting is lousy.
Everything all works out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.