This morning Chip and Toi decided to have an Sports Day at 4:30 and they were racing up and down the stairs, JUMPING on my stomach, leaping over my head and climbing up onto the closet (using the curtain!) This is not an everyday activity but it isn't completely unheard of. I think because they are younger cats they feel the urge to wear off some of their energy. But 4:30 in the morning is not the time to do it!!!
Patora has discovered that she can paw around in a cupboard and drag out packages of crackers. Every night she opens a package and eats a couple crackers. And in the morning I walk downstairs in my bare feet and CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH. That's an eye opener! I'm going to check out some recycle shops and see if I can buy a cupboard that latches shut.
Toi has a fetish for thumb tacks. He cannot leave a thumbtack alone no matter how far up it is on the bulletin board and he'll climb quilts to reach a thumbtack he notices (a good reason to always put a hanging sleeve on the back of the quilt.) So in the middle of the night this week Toi was up on the dresser pulling off the necklaces that I had pinned up so nicely.
"PLUNK. One off. PLUNK. Another off. How many can I take off before Mom wakes up and throws a slipper at me."
"Silly Mom to think that I'll leave the thumbtacks alone again."
And then a couple of days ago I woke up and almost had a heart attack!
"OH NO! Some cat has caught a bird and eaten it right next to my head!!!! Someone catch me! I'm about to faint!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.