Friday, March 27, 2009

Noah's Ark BOM finished

The Noah's Ark BOM is finished! Boy, March has been a good month for sewing.

For the border I just did a simple back stitch of the Genesis 9:16 verse. I played around with fonts on the computer until I found one I liked and then printed it out and traced it. Of course then it was deciding how to put the words around the quilt. Does the phrase start at the top and wrap around the bottom? Are the words too hard to read if they are upside down? How do you balance the phrase around the four sides?

It worked out. I even found a piece of rainbow fabric to use for part of the binding. I don't know where that came from since I don't have an inch more.

And I took some liberties with Lynette's pattern and added a cat! I just love the kitty next to Noah... but he was the only animal that didn't have a mate! You know I'm always trying to squeeze room for one more cat so I added a companion for him on the ark.

BOMs always seem like they go together quickly... I know I spent over a year on this but it was so nice to come to the end of the year and have 12 blocks ready to do my bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.