Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More scenery

Wednesday and I'm off for a long day. It snowed last night again but the roads don't seem to be frozen so I think I'll be okay driving to the next city. Here is a picture of the expressway on the other side of the forest from me. It isn't a freeway, it's an expressway meaning we pay tolls but right now it only costs about a $1 for a 15 minute drive. That's half the usual fee so I've been using it a bit more to save driving time. No one out on the expressway at 6:30 in the morning but on weekends it gets a lot of use.

And in the other direction from the overpass where I was taking these pictures is Mt. Nantai. It is the Mt. Fuji of Nikko area and while not as beautiful maybe, I love seeing it in the distance sitting behind all the rice fields.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.