These cats have the run of the house and they do not seem to appreciate their good life. Just last week they went through a whole box of fish snacks that they managed to knock off the shelf. And they regularly climb into the drawers and root out edibles from the human snack box. You know, cookies, bread, candies, crackers. And some cat found Choco's jerky snacks (kept in a heavy glass sealed jar) and pushed the jar off the shelf, not breaking the jar but getting the lid off so that he could eat ALL the jerky (and make himself sick).
Of course I cannot leave a bit of food on the counters or stove or the cats will be up there eating human food, and of course when we are eating and set food out on the tables someone has to guard the food until we sit down to eat.
This morning they did the pushing the jar off the shelf trick again and knocked the large Tupperware container of cat food onto the floor and pried it open spilling cat food all over the floor. Hmm. That's why none of the cats were up early this morning meowing and batting me in the face to wake me up so that I would feed them. And before they got the Tupperware lid off, they must have had a fit of frustration and decided to rip the cat sand package apart first. So there was cat food and cat sand all spread around the room. To wake up to that scene put me in a very bad mood and I snapped at Tetsu about why he hadn't wised up to putting cat food and cat sand in the proper place (the dryer) since he knew the cats did this. (He was the one who had brought all the stuff in from the car.)
But of course, I am just as annoyed at myself because I could have remembered to do the same thing and didn't. And the garbage can gets knocked over every morning because the cats have explored the innards during the night. And no. We don't have a door to our kitchen so there is no way to keep the cats out of that room.
Dang it all. Now I've got to apologize to Tetsu. He lets me keep all these animals so I've no right to get annoyed with him when I'm angry at them...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.