Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might..." Ecclesiastes 9:10
Friday, September 5, 2008
Saturday morning
Saturday morning and Tetsu and I have taken Choco for a walk and picked up trash around the fields. It doesn't seem to matter where we walk or for how long, each Saturday we come back with two full bags of trash, one of cans and bottles and one of paper and plastic. Occasionally we miss a Saturday because of the rain but the quanity of trash is always about the same. I think that is sort of interesting. Never too much for us to carry, never too little (unfortunately). For all the years of Saturdays I guess that adds up to a lot of trash and though the areas we've perused look pretty good for a day or two, by the next Saturday there is enough trash again for two bags...I've talked about my philosophy on picking up trash here so I won't go into it again.
Chip is getting visibly bigger. She plays constantly and likes to jump on Velvet who is somewhat tolerant. Since Chip arrived nearly three weeks ago, the other cats have gotten used to her. All four cats will eat together and I occasionally find Chip sitting beside another of our kitties so she has been accepted as part of the family. (Still keeping her away from Choco.) Interestingly however, amongst the other three older cats there is a lot of bickering going on and for some reason Velvet gets the brunt of the bullying. Velvet has always been the sweetest and most lovable of our kitties so I'm constantly rescuing him.
One of my friends gave me a kitty collar (and food dish and cat box) for Chip but she's not going to be able to use it for awhile. Even on the smallest adjustment, it just slipped around her neck and she got tangled in it. Looks very cute though and they bell would help me locate her when she's playing in another room but I'll have to wait another couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.