Saturday, January 29, 2022

January sketches

Can I show what I've been up to in my drawing classes this month?  
Most of my bullet jouranl pages are just ink scribbles across the pages with Bible verses and habit tracking but I try to add a full page every now and then just to keep me coming back to the journal for something bright to look at.  
This took me so long to design and color!
And though not colorful, this was an idea from Pinterest.
I started a new beginning drawing class with Sandy Allnock and we are learning basics in pencil, so most of my other recent sketches are not very colorful...   This was a sketch of the street in front of my house.
And then we worked on perspective.
I took a break from Sandy Allnock's class to try animals.  A bunny...
And some cats.
Had to add a dog idea from Pinterest!
Back in Sandy's class we are trying our hand on colored paper which makes it look like I know what I'm doing.  I don't.
Another try at shading and light drawing.
And I'll end with this sketch that I tried on two different types of paper.

There you have the results of my artistic practice pieces!  

8 comments:

  1. They all look wonderful, what a change from quilting, but I guess it is in our eyes to see colours, designs and shapes, so not so different after all.There are so many engineers who became quilters, and I guess they started with drawing designs too. Love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are all so great! I agree with Nancy. My Dad was an engineer and although he never quilted, he was interested in seeing the process.
    Yesterday was a snow day here in the Northeast so I got together with quilting friends on Zoom. Great way to pass the day and fortunately the power stayed on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wonderfully talented and could work as an illustrator! I love your drawings. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. You are a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the sketch of your street. I agree with Sara. You really could work as an illustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coloured mid tone paper does help, I agree. But don't say you don't know what you're doing - I've seen progress even in the time I've been following you. You're improving all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work! All are very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.