Thursday, December 24, 2020

Grandparents at last!

Tetsu and I are now grandparents!

Leiya and Tony had their baby yesterday morning, December 24th (our time), December 23 in the afternoon, their time!  Their baby boy was born at home coming in at 7 lbs. 10 oz.  Tony sent us two pictures IMMEDIATELY after the birth and everyone looks well!

So we have received the best Christmas present on Christmas Eve!!  Actually the official birth date is December 23rd which was Tetsu's mother's birthday (and also Japan's previous Emperor's) so Tetsu is very happy.  Of course, as always with Tetsu, there were tears on his side!

Our grandson's name is Luka Azael!  

We have already talked with Leiya twice and she looks rather in good shape for just having a baby.  Tony will be able to be at home for two weeks and so they are figuring out how to breastfeed the baby and how to do baby care together.  Being Christmas, the doula that they've connected with won't be coming in until the weekend, but anyway, Tony and Leiya are loving their first days of being parents.

On the other hand, we've gotten word that Takumi is sick so we'd really appreciate some prayers for him.  We are so relieved he and Julieta are together and that she is taking good care of him!  We've talked with both of them but Takumi looks pretty wiped out...  I am still stuck in the emotions of joy and concern... 

38 comments:

  1. He's beautiful. So precious. They are blessed, you are blessed, and so is Luka. Congratulations! Yes, I will pray for Takumi's restored health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your grandchild and so glad you daughter and baby made it through the home birth just fine. Sorry your son is sick and hope he will be well and recover soon - Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Leiya and Tony on the birth of Luka, wishing them every happiness as a family. Tania and Tetsu, sending you our love at becoming grandparents. Take care Takumi, get well soon. Merry Christmas to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell you how happy I am about your blessed news. Blessings abound, and I am SO HAPPY to hear your good news. It is so tough being distanced. (I know this, twice this year!) Keep in mind: generations before us have been kept apart for so many, many reasons through history. History repeats itself.

    Best New Years wishes.
    What a fun chapter for you, and for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations too all your family on the arrival of Luka. So pleased he came safely. I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on becoming Grandparents! Such a special Christmas gift! Best wishes to the new parents. Hope Takumi gets to feeling better soon. Merry Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooo!! A sweet baby boy! Congratulations to you all! Yes, the best Christmas present ever! Prayers for Takumi's fast healing, so sad to read he is ill, he is grateful I'm sure for Julieta's care right now. A blessed Christmas to you all! Kitty Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Tanya and Tetsu! And Leiya and Tony! Welcome to the world, Luka!
    Sending prayers for Takumi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luka, a delight for you all, and then Takumi, I do hope he will recover very soon, and all will be well. Congratulations, grandparenthood is the best of all.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best of Christmas gifts!
    Blessings to all, of course including Takumi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wonderful news! Congratulations to the whole family! What a great name - Luka. I like how you've captured his name in your journal. I hope Takumi starts to feel better soon. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and a very Happy Christmas ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the new parents and grandparents! Always a happy day when babies are born—especially at Christmas. Luka is much loved and I hope he will thrive! Hope Takumi is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Tanya and Tetsu and of course the proud parents. Such a beautiful name to be blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild. A whole new way of life for you both - it is a pity you don't live in the same country though. What a wonderful Christmas gift from God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!! How wonderful to be grandparents! So thankful Leiya and her family are doing well. I will keep Takumi is my prayers.
    Merry Christmas and hope that the new year will bring you to visit your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Tony and Leya. Little
    Luka is a precious little one. I know grandma
    And granddad are so happy.
    Nothing better than being born during
    This wonderful time of year i know you
    Are all over joyed.

    Jean from Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Tony and Leya. Little
    Luka is a precious little one. I know grandma
    And granddad are so happy.
    Nothing better than being born during
    This wonderful time of year i know you
    Are all over joyed.

    Jean from Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! What a wonderful Christmas present! I hope you soon can travel to see him and also Takumi that we pray for!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Tanya and Takumi! What a Merry Christmas for you both and all Luka's family. Becoming a grandparent is wonderful and rewarding. I look forward to more pictures.

    I am so sorry to hear Takuma is ill. I will keep him in my prayers as well as Julieta.

    Happy New Year to all the Watanabes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on becoming grandparents. Hoping Takumi is feeling better soon. Merry Christmas 🎅 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Tanya and Tetsu on the birth of your grandson and to Leiya and Tony for the happy arrival of their firstborn! Merry Christmas to the whole and extended family, well wishes for Takumi's speedy and full recovery, and to Takumi and Julieta on becoming uncle and auntie. Renata

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Tanya and Tetsu! We are so happy for you. We wish you all health and happiness. And we hope Takumi will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Tanya and Tetsu! We are so happy for you. We wish you all health and happiness. And we hope Takumi will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an array of emotions? Congratulations to you and family for the new addition. And prayers for Takumi to get well soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such joy! So wonderful that you and Tetsu are grandparents...congratulations!!!! Leiya looks wonderful. I will keep Takumi in my prayers. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations to your whole family! The first birth of the next generation is monumental, linking the past and the future. His name is lovely! I will pray for Takumi.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations to the new parents and grandparents!
    May God bless and protect them and their new born son.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Blessings to all the family for the joyful addition, and prayers for Takumi's quick recovery. Hopefully the wait to meet your new grandchild will not be as long as my two year one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! Sending prayers for a quick and complete recovery for Takumi.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A combination of good news and bad news, and you can't be with either of your children. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. A great new addition to the family with a beautiful name, and a great journal entry to document it. Prayers for Takumi. I hope he recovers quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations and love to all the parents and grandparents. Thanks for sharing it will all of us. So nice to get good news. Sending heal thoughts to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations - I also have a grandson named Luka.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well done Leiya and Tony, and congratulations on becoming grandparents! Luka Azael is a beautiful name. And I hope Takumi is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  35. From Spain: congratulations to the parents and grandparents. Prayers for Takumi, I hope he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tanya and Tetsu! Many Congratulations to you! So happy for Leiya and Tony. A wonderful Christmas gift indeed! If we can ever do anything on this end for you please let us know. Love from both John and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations to all of you, and prayers for Takumi. So glad to hear the baby is in good hands, and I know your son is as well.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.