Tony and Leiya took Luka off about 24 hours after being born, IN A CAR! What are these young parents thinking of!? Well, it turns out the new parents were having trouble with breast feeding so off they went with Luka to a lactation consultant. New to me! They got some very good advice and assurance and I think that Luka is doing fine now and getting enough nourishment.
Leiya says that Luka spends most of his time sleeping and so she rarely sees him with his eyes open. Enjoy it now! But she did send us a video with him looking around for a bit and so I saved a screenshot. He sure looks like Tony to me!But this isn't supposed to be a baby blog so let's see what else I can write about.
The past couple of days have been very wearing on us because we get updates from Julieta and Takumi and he is still battling whatever has gotten a hold on him. It is turning out to be a long and brutal battle with numerous trips to Urgent Care, Covid testing, scans and blood tests. As of now, the Covid tests come back negative but the blood tests aren't very encouraging. And of course Urgent Care really is completely overloaded and medical staff do NOT want to spend time on non-covid cases, so he gets shuttled off to the side. Julieta steps up for his rights but I don't think she is allowed into the facilities with him... Finally today they were able to see their regular doctor online and more tests are scheduled for next week... Can you imagine how terrified Tetsu and I are right now. We don't want to hear that Takumi has contracted Covid, but any illness is not good during this pandemic and the holidays aren't helping. If more than a day passes without word from Takumi and Julieta then we start getting panicky and then pester them with texts, emails and telephone calls. Please continue praying for him...
On the more positive side, Tetsu bought a new-to-us car this month and it arrived yesterday. Let's say that we are rather floored at what a car can do these days and ours is not even equipped with extreme technology... just the basics (like automatic fold away mirrors, backing-up screens, blue-tooth connections...) but we have managed all our lives with non-remote everything and all the beeps and whistles are rather amazing to us. I am still afraid to drive it and so I haven't sat behind the steering wheel yet.
This is one of my last pages from my bullet journal this year. I've had a good time decorating it and adding Bible verses and quotes to it... Almost all of my artistic attempts are just re-creations from Pinterest so I can't take much credit for any of the art work...
Here is another colored pencil picture at the bottom of a page... I've got a new bullet journal for 2021 and hope to try my hand at water colors next month...
And a last photo that just came in from Leiya and Tony. I just love the dark coziness of mother and baby.
Our daughter used a lactation specialist as well and it really helped them. What a beautiful baby and wonderful parents :) I am keeping Takumi in my prayers. My sister is a nurse in Southern California at a hospital with zero ICU beds, tents in the parking lots and beds in the lobby. I completely understand your fears...it’s terrifying to think health care isn’t available.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that Takumi is still ill. I hope and pray that he will recover soon. It is so difficult to be so far from your children, especially when they are ill. Luka is adorable! So precious! Fifteen years ago I took my daughter-in-law to a lactation consultant and that was the first time I had heard of it! For me it was calling girlfriends to figure out what to do! My Mom bottle fed us and didn't know anything about breast feeding.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your wonderful new grand baby! I can’t imagine how hard this time must be for you being so far from not only the new baby but your son too! Keeping all of you in prayer.🙏
ReplyDeleteLittle Luka is darling! It must be so hard for you not to be able to hold him. Thank goodness for internet! I keep praying for Takumi. Hang in there! Love from Sweden
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new car and baby Luka :), they are both awesome! Prayers for Takumi!
ReplyDeleteSweet pictures of Luka. I'll continue to pray for Takumi. I can imagine how difficult it is for you being across the ocean waiting for updates.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that you and Tetsu have become grandparents. Luka is a gorgeous baby. Congratulations! Praying for Takumi . . . .
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos of Luka, he is very alert with his eyes open. My thoughts are with you being at such distances between Japan and USA. Positive thoughts for Takumi. Stay safe and take care. Love the colour of Tetsu’s new car.
ReplyDeletelots of loving thoughts for Takumi, and Luka, he is a darling and I'm so happy all is well there. Julieta will be a constant encourager to get tests done and results to them promptly. Keep strong in your minds that all will be well.XXX for the New Year. And a p.s. Great model for the vest.
ReplyDeleteI have prayed for Takumi and Julieta. Isn't it tough to be distances away from our sons? I pray for his health, and for Julieta's strength.
ReplyDeleteAs for Baby Luka: what a kid! He is going to be one handsome boy! Having two daughters with new babies the past few months, I have also given prayer to Leiya's health and mental well-being. These 2020 mothers are going to be STRONG MOMS, I tell you!
There have been many other generations of STRONG MOMS, and so I feel confident that our daughters, new mothers, will cope well, even in our absences. As Leiya & Tony have done, and so many other new parents, seeking out "the village" is working. We g'parents could be there and offer all our experience, but we're not able to. And so, it DOES take a village, especially this year.
And so, to you and Tetsu, in my Lutheran lingo,
God's peace be with you.
(I'd put that in caps, but Blogspot won't allow. Ha.)
Please keep us posted about Takumi. Congratulations on becoming grandparents! Beautiful vest, too.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of Luka and Leiya. Will keep Takumi in my prayers. Hope you find out soon what is wrong with him. Baby Luka is just gorgeous!! (can you say that about a baby boy? Keep safe from New South Wales, AUSTRALIA.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you. What a gorgeous photo of Leiya and her baby
ReplyDeleteJuggling the joy of the new baby and worry about Takumi must be difficult. Prayers heading your way. I'm glad to see a trend toward breastfeeding. All my kids were breastfed,(the first one I took milk to the hospital her first month). In those days it was considered old fashioned but I think my kids were the healthiest among their peers.
ReplyDeletelovely pictures of your beautiful family, I hope you have good news of Takumi soon. I know how you feel about the new car, I still don't know how to work all the bells and whistles on mine - and I've had it for three years!
ReplyDeleteLuka is adorable! I know ya'll long to hold him, hopefully it will not be much longer before travel is safe for all. I was very alarmed to read of Takumi's continuing illness, I will say daily prayers for him. I love your car, beautiful color. I know what you mean about all the new stuff on cars, it is crazy! Mine is 10 years old and doesn't have much but I rented a car last year and I had to take out the operation manual to figure out how to change settings for the lights etc! Probably something an 8 year old would have no issues with! haha May the blessings of health & happiness be yours for you and your family in this new year! Hugs from NC, Kitty Ann
ReplyDelete