Thursday, May 30, 2019

Dandelions!

After breakfast made by Tony (he cooks!  A lot!) Leiya, Tetsu and I went to pick up her wedding dress from where she'd been getting it pressed. 
Tetsu was surprised at the bridal business in the States.  Of course, when is he ever going to come in contact with the business even in Japan...  I had such great memories of helping Leiya choose her dress at this shop back in November!

Then on we drove an hour north of Detroit to Tony's grandparents house.
It is SO beautiful!!!!  I had seen it in November and agreed that it was the most beautiful spot for a wedding (if the weather held) but the spring greenery was beyond our expectations!!!
Tony's grandparents, Pawpaw and Cynthia.  By the way...  Tony's grandparents aren't much older than Tetsu and me...  There is practically another generation between us!

The grandparents have lived in their beautiful home in Northern Michigan since Pawpaw's retirement but they are snowbirds who head to Florida for the winter in their RV.  Oh, to have so much land and only be spending three quarters of the year there!  (Of course I understand that Michigan winters might not be so pleasant...)
Leiya had ordered a tent for the wedding and it had been delivered the day before.  The weather forecast was still iffy so we weren't sure we going to "need" the tent or not...
As Tetsu marveled at the amount of land in front of us, Pawpaw brought out his field buggy and motioned for Tetsu have a try.

"Oh no.  I wouldn't be able to drive that!"

"Give it a spin!  There's nothing to hit!"

Tetsu drove around the yard once and then I got on back as Pawpaw directed us to the wilds behind his house. 
 Better than Disneyland!!!
A picture from over Tetsu's shoulder.
 And here we come!
 I changed places with Leiya and Tetsu had another spin around the back fields.
 Bye!
I should point out that when we arrived at Tony's grandparent's house Cynthia was apologizing  because though they'd cut the grass a few days before, all the dandelions had grown back!

"Leiya!  The dandelions are everywhere!"

"We LOVE dandelions!!!  Don't cut the dandelions!!!  They are beautiful!"
Truly.  WE LOVED THE DANDELIONS though they seemed to be an affront to the Michiganers.

So, our afternoon at the grandparent's home gave us an idea of how the wedding was going to pan out.  Depending on the weather, wedding and reception in the tent.  If at all possible, a wedding outside with the dandelions!

The evening was spent back in Detroit where we met up with my brother's family and Tony's mother.  More tomorrow!



6 comments:

  1. It does look like a beautiful place for a wedding. I too think dandelions are beautiful even though they are weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this wedding story already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely seeing Tony's grandparents and the grounds. The dandelions did look pretty in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts on the wedding activities are just wonderful! I feel like I am sitting with you hearing the story and looking at the photos. Everything is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a native of Michigan I had to laugh when you described one hour north of Detroit as "northern Michigan." There is a WHOLE LOT of Michigan north of that!! (kind of like calling Tokyo "northern Japan" because it is an hour north of Yokohama...)

    Doesn't everything look beautiful at this time of year?? So green

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I remember when my friend came to visit from Japan he so loved being able to ride the neighbor's quad around the wide open fields! Looks like you are already having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.