The rice fields are about planted but a few are still mirror-like.
The two guys in my life.
Not only are the flowers blooming in the spring now but the catapillers are out too. Actually we think it quite funny that this type of catapillar and John look similar. Low to the ground, long, and black with brown shadings on the belly.
One of our favorite activities is to walk to a farm road (no traffic except for the one farmer who uses it) and have John run from one of us to the other. John is always very excited to run to Tetsu. Not so much to me.
But he'll come! Do you know how hard it is to get a low position picture of John? I was practically lying on the ground!
We are a little concerned with what is going to happen to our relationship with John after we come back from two weeks in Detroit. He will be staying with our vet while we are gone and that was where he lived for a year before he came to us. He has almost no behavior problems when he is at the clinic but he rebelled when he came to us at first. It has taken us 6 months to come to an agreement with John about what pleases us and what displeases us (and vice versa) so I hope he doesn't end up taking a giant step backwards while we are gone. I hope he remembers us with happiness but if not I guess we'll just begin again.
Great pictures especially of the mirrored rice field. John is so pretty. I hope with you that all goes well. I think it will :-)
ReplyDeleteJohn will be fine...dogs don't really have a sense of time but I bet he'll be really excited to see Tetsu and even you when you return! Enjoy the wedding!!! Look forward to reading and seeing your posts when you return!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a regal-looking little dog.
ReplyDeleteThe hardest part of travelling for me is leaving Nikko behind. My son found an "athletic dog club" that she loved and went to a number of times, but it has closed. Having someone come and stay seemed to work best this past WOCON weekend, but finding the right person is a lot harder. Jon does look lovely ... but all that hair so close to the ground... and rainy season coming in a month or two ... That might be the best time for a vet stay.
ReplyDelete