The evening before, I had visited Mrs. Goodneedle at From the Strawberry Patch and noticed the quilt pattern that she was getting ready to make. Dogs in Sweaters!
Ah! A couple of years ago I had also noticed Mrs. Goodneedle's project and immediately decided to order the pattern and make a quilt for my cat sitters. They have four dachshunds and the quilt was a great gift to make for them and I have seen my quilt up on their wall.
Now we have our OWN dachshund and I thought it would be cute to make a John quilt. I didn't want to make the whole quilt but I did think a pillow might be possible. Once I closed the door to my sewing room I got pulled into the cutting and piecing of making the quilt and eventually even had time to do the machine quilting. I decided I probably wouldn't be able to find a pillow insert for the exact size of the quilt block and so I went ahead and just put binding on the quilt. Another decoration for my wall!
Tetsu was very tickled to see my Dog in Sweater quilt and he suggested I put a J on the dog's sweater... just so we all know that this is a quilt depiction of John.
I'd say a wall quilt fully made and bound in 6 hours is pretty good. I'm amazed myself at how focused I can get when it comes to sewing!
F A N T A S T I C ! ! !
ReplyDeleteLove this "pillow" ...... how can John not think your are the greatest?
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute!! Made me chuckle. I could use some of your focus and energy :-)
ReplyDeleteNice work on this cute pattern. I especially like your background quilting.
ReplyDeleteThe summer before last, I swiped your dog-in-sweater idea to make a table runner for the guy who took care of Nikko while on my trip to the U.S. Actually, he used it as a wall hanging. Like you, I chose fabrics to make it look most like his doxy.
ReplyDelete