The park runs along a stretch near the main river going through town. That's Mt. Nantai in the distance... which we had plan to drive up to the famous lake at the top.
The little playground toys were cute.
There was a lovely little reflection pond.
The pond looks so peaceful but there was a real ruckus going on. When I walked to the edge all became quiet but after a minute or so the frogs in the pond started their chorus and all amphibians joined anew in all different pitches and timber! Such a performance!
For all the noise I found very little visible evidence of the singers. I finally spotted one little brown fellow... Can you see him. He is holding on to some lily pad with only his head out of the water, but he was belting out his notes!
The newly green leaves made such a variation of color in the park.
Still a few cherry trees with a bit of pink left in their boughs.
Tetsu had brought his morning newspaper. I had brought my Kindle. We had bought rice balls at a convenience store. Great way to spend an early hour!
Traffic jams are so annoying and it seems that "non-rush hour" is becoming a memory.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos photographs of such a lovely park. You are certainly lucky to have it so close to home.
I hope the rest of Golden Week has good weather for your explorations.
What a beautiful park and so peaceful. It was hard when we retired to remember to go places when others were working and to not shop on Saturday. Ana usa
ReplyDeleteI so enjoy looking at your photos. You show Japan in a natural way.
ReplyDeleteKaren in New Jersey
Lovely and quiet with green trees, a pond,and frogs for extra company,no wonder you left the busy crowds, this is my kind of perfect place to sit and read.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and green in a very peaceful environment. Love the sound of singing frogs.
ReplyDeleteThat park is beautiful! I love the winding paved path to stroll down. A nice place to relax.
ReplyDeleteThink about the days when that I-Ro-Ha road was the only road up and down, and people stopped to photograph the monkeys along the curves! I think you made a much better choice.
ReplyDelete