I don't know why but half of the pond was frozen over and half was still water.
As usual there was a mixture of wild ducks and swans.
I love watching the swans take off and land from the water. When they are coming in for a landing I can hear them from quite a ways off, honking and cheering each other on. They make quite a racket!
I got carried away with soaring swan photos.
The fowl-life seems equally at home swimming...
Or strolling around the ice.
Ooh... Nice photo Tetsu!
We left later in the afternoon and headed south to home. We just missed the rain that was rolling in and got home a little after dark. How fortunate that the weather stayed nice all weekend for us!
Whooper swans, Pintails ducks, Spotbill ducks, and a coot ... I like Tetsu's picture too. It is almost time for the swans and pintails to return to the North. They may have stayed longer with our crazy weather.
ReplyDeleteSoaring Swan Shots are just delightful!!!
ReplyDeleteThat ice has to be cold on their feet! No wonder the one swan has a foot tucked up under him/her.
ReplyDeleteOn the ice, one leg held up, that is a beauty!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the beautiful bird pictures. We have a pair of swans on our little lake, and also a pair of bald eagles. I feel blessed.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete