Hmm. I'm waiting for something but no update is forthcoming.... Maybe later this week?
Anyway... Friday my friends who come for patchwork came for a few hours and finished up projects and started new ones. I think they've decided that it is too difficult to work on a similar schedule with similar projects always trying to keep up with the other person. They've opted for separate projects from now on with patchwork at my house a time to show they're progress...
Mrs. N arrived with her House and Tree quilt finished. She has been working diligently on this and hand quilted the piece. Though you can't see them, she also add a couple of cats in the windows of the houses. Mrs. N always has a cat somewhere in her quilts.
R-san spent the time at my house putting together a cushion for her grand-daughter. Months ago both ladies started a Hawaiian quilt block and Mrs. N is continuing to make more while R-san decided to stop with one.
She did a fantastic job quilting the turtles in her pattern!
And I guess I'm the one making the least sewing progress. I'm still sewing colored inserts into my hand sewn Cathedral Window piece. This is why machine sewing is so tempting! I spend 4 times as much on one piece doing the sewing by hand!
I found 2 cats in the house/tree quilt. Your friends do beautiful work!
ReplyDeleteKaren in New Jersey
love them all. Super windows,lovely colours.
ReplyDeleteNice work, ladies! I especially like the turtle cushion. My friends and I have been getting together for nearly 20 years and slowly morphed from doing quilting projects together, to doing our own, to now mostly working in paper arts. We work on individual projects but sometimes do workshops, teaching each other new techniques. Doesn't really matter what we do, it is the getting together and supporting each other and chit chatting that is fun. I'm the only one who still quilts regularly.
ReplyDelete