SO... For inspiration I had a a large print made up of a photo that Tetsu had taken on New Year's morning. The air was so clear and cold and fresh, but the colors were warm and I love the silhouettes of Choco and me walking near the rice fields with the steaming pig farm in the background. I've put the large photo up on our living room wall to remind me to get out and about and keep Choco in my heart when I go walking.
Three of my cats provided silhouettes for me yesterday when they were relaxing on the back of the sofa in the sun. Our sofa cushions are forever squishy and misshapen because this is the place the cats like best. As always, Mi is the mediator between Chip and Cleo. The other two can't get along but if Mi stays in the center then there is peace on the sofa.
Toi catches the sun outside when he can. He and Patora still live upstairs in Takumi's old room but Toi will sit on the veranda when I leave the door open. He has learned that though he can jump down to the rooftop over our front door, he is too heavy to jump back up, so now he stays on the ledge...
And I've gone upstairs especially to take a picture of Patora for this post. Patora is the complainiest cat we have and I guess she has good reason because she is stuck forever with Toi who is a bully and selfish (though he is sweet with Patora). Patora doesn't want to be held nor petted but she is not happy in any place we put her. She ate books when she was kept in the sewing room, she shreds the wall where she is now and she will make a lot of noise when she gets moved back to the cat house in spring. Cleo and Patora are siblings... (get that..? Cleopatra) but they don't like each other either...
My menagerie.
I love that picture of your morning walk. I hear on this year of the dog, there are now more cats in Japan. Dogs need to be registered and have shots. They need to be walked. In the old days of my neighborhood, many dogs were kept outside, but now all the yards are gone and if you have a large shedding dog, it is in your house doing the shedding. Our morning walks are not through as beautiful scenery but Nikko and I have gotten to know many people in town through our daily walks.
ReplyDeleteChoco will always be in your memory, but this photo, truly from all your hearts. XXXXX
ReplyDeleteA beautiful photo to treasure your memories of Choko.
ReplyDeleteI like your picture of you and Choco. Tetsu captured the two of you beautifully. Please let him know. Love your cats!
ReplyDeleteKaren in New Jersey
That picture of you and Choco is breathtaking. Just beautiful. The kitties are all so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteDo you think about getting another dog? It might be hard to integrate a new one into your cat full household, but a dog is so good for your health, forcing you to get out for walks even when you don't feel like it. In fact, I better get out and walk mine in the rain right now! I'd kinda like to have another cat but you never know how a new one will fit in with the old one. Will they love or hate each other? Snuggle or snarl?
ReplyDeleteTetsu sure captured a wonderful photo of you and Choco. How nice to be able to look at this every morning.
ReplyDeleteAwesome photo of Choco taking Tetsu for a walk. I hope you are seeing signs of Spring in Tochigi? (R in Kanagawa)
ReplyDelete