So for a break I'll show what's in my sewing room this week.
I made up another fabric post card for my mother earlier this month but in the excitement of having Takumi come and going up to Morioka I've forgotten to send it. As it is still April 30th in California I will put it in the mail today.
The post card this month was a bit more of a challenge than previous months. Do you notice the difference? I am keeping the paper cards for myself as a record of what I've been making for my mother, and the previous three months were silhouettes of animals whereas the ladybug this month is completely cutout with the color behind each part. These are still a lot of fun to make though maybe I like the paper version better (but for the past three years I've sent my mother FABRIC postcards so I'm keeping the tradition with her.)
And in the early part of April I worked on another Mola block. It is trying to be a seahorse otherwise known as a dragon out of the 12 animals from the Chinese horoscope. In Chinese it was believed that the seahorse was a sea dragon... and the Japanese name tatsunootoshigo, has something to do with dragons (I think)... Anyway, this block is trying to be a sea-dragon (the pattern's choice... not mine).
So now I've made 6 Mola blocks... Time to get out the red fabric again!
I will NEVER be bored with your nature photos!
ReplyDeleteI love them as much as the pictures of your work.
That ladybird must have been a bit fiddly to stitch.
Your molas are going nicely. Mine might need to make an appearance during Golden week.
ReplyDeleteThirty years ago a friend bought some Molas at market and told me all about them. This was before I started quilting, etc. And look here, your Molas are coming along great!!!! Can't wait to see where you end up.....
ReplyDeleteLove the ladybug! You are so talented, Tanya.
ReplyDeleteYour molas are looking so wonderful. I am definitely going to have to try that on my next start.
ReplyDelete