Tetsu has been thinking about joining a place that has a swimming pool so that he can get a little exercise in the evenings after work. Just the evenings mind you because the membership is only half the regular price. He's been thinking about this a month now... Still no decision.
Leiya has been consulting me about buying a guitar. (I fully support that proposal! I found that playing a guitar was a great stress reliever while I was in college too!) She's trying to find something with all the accessories for less than $200. That contemplation has gone on three months now.
This summer Takumi was saying that he couldn't decide whether to buy himself a digital camera or a rice cooker, both of which were over his budget right now. Grandma gave him a check for $150 to use towards a rice cooker. (I guess he looked skinny to her). He deliberated about that purchase for at least six months.
I have been wanting to buy a monthly water delivery system and have spent the year ruminating on pros and cons. Alas, I think that purchase is going to stay on hold another year...
Our family is pretty thrifty. I'm sure some people would use the term "stingy". It takes a lot of consideration before we are willing to open our wallets for anything.
BUT... I took Chip and Toi to the vet yesterday for annual shots. And I bought special cat food for Vel and Cleo and I had to get Choco some heartworm medicine and I found a couple of ticks on her too so I bought tick and flea medicine while I was there too.
On the way home I stopped at the store and picked up regular cat food and cat sand and some fish treats for the kitties too and dog treats for Choco. All in all, yesterday I handed over about $250 just for animal things with hardly a thought... Well, that's not true since I thought enough about it enough to write a post today...
The 6 animals are Top Dog in our house even if 5 of them are cats! The humans are low on the totem pole... Tetsu and I are eating tofu and femented soy beans tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.