Sunday, July 26, 2009

Much better!

Thank you for all the advice for edging! I have never tried a couple of the methods suggested (knife-edge and fusible edging). I will see if I can figure them out and then decide what to "teach" my girls. I love all the suggestions for using English in this project. We'll see how enthusiastic they get...

Yesterday it was hot again but not rainy so I spent the morning "playing" in the water. A couple of years ago Tetsu took out all the Japanese mats in our Japanese room and put in carpet squares. This has been a great solution to our occasional cat "urps" and hairballs. We only have to wash the individual squares now. I decided to take advantage of the sun and went out with the hose in the driveway and gave most of the squares a good wash with a scrub brush on my hands and knees. Kept me cool too!


Here are the squares drying on the fence...

And yes, you are seeing a very similar picture from two days ago. Thank you, my blog friends who suggested a do a little more quilting on this! Yes, I guess I was getting lazy and just wanted to finish this and couldn't get my head in gear for what to quilt in the border. BUT when I put my mind to it ideas started forming and back under the needle my quilt went!

I drew lines on in pencil on the border and then freehand quilted over all the lines in hopes of making a rattan pattern. It didn't really take that long but it sure was hot and sweltering up in the sewing room (but better than if I had been trying to hand quilt and holding this on my lap, right?) I don't know about you but I think this looks a hundred percent better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.