Because we have started summer vacation, I am on a very minimum teaching schedule. I sort of leave it up to the kids to decide if they want to do English or take the month and a half off. Most of the kids (and parents) opt for taking the summer off (so that means I haven't seen some kids since the beginning of June) but I had two girls that said they wanted to come.
These two don't actually SAY anything. They are two of the students from one class that I disbanded because I got so little reaction and participation out of any of them. The two girls (and a boy) came back in tears and said they really wanted to continue English (I couldn't believe my ears!) and they've been coming for another year now. Not much better in the participation department but I've decided not to force them and maybe I can influence them positively anyway. Talk about dead-pan. These two girls never smile, never take the initiative in ANYTHING! I don't even think they LIKE me!
Actually the next step is to put binding on these. So far the girls haven't done any sewing on our sewing activity. But while they might be able to sew binding on with the sewing machine, how about hand stitching the mitered corners? And the hand sewing itself is a long boring job... And these girls aren't going to chat with me while they do it... The book calls for putting the collages on felt and hiding the raw edges with rick rack but I can't find felt this large.
I've got til Thursday to decide my next step...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.