I'm doing amazingly well and have even been taking longish walks to the cemetery across the street with John and Tetsu! I go up and down stairs easily again and though I still have a limp, I feel like life has returned to normal despite the cold weather setting in! Let's hope things stay on this upward curve.
(not finished yet)
For the most part I have done small projects this month. I made two more stockings that I think I showed and since they are relatively easy to do I've begun another one for one of Takumi's friend's child.
This friend regularly stops by bringing us strawberries from his farm and I wanted to make his son something in return.
M-san and I also worked on a small bag that she can give to her sister when she visits this New Year's. I try to stay away from anything with zippers and I didn't even have instructions for this little purse but I do remember making the same pattern years ago. I warned M-san that is was going to be like the blind-leading-the-blind because it was going to be trial and error with the zipper but we did get our little bags made. (I forgot to take a picture of M-san's. She made hers in blue.) The little leaf on the zipper pull is a nice touch.
I also decided to take the plunge and start on a Plaidish Quilt. Annie on Annie's Quilts Orts blog had shown her Plaidish quilt which I'd just loved and I followed the link to Kitchen Table Quilting. This is a free scrap tutorial and she has another Plaidish quilt pattern that she offers. I've cut up my fabrics and this week I hope to sew the blocks together.
On the artistic side of my days I've been sketching and painting and inking up random pieces. I do wish I could come to some sort of "style" but what I get is sort of what I've been following that day on YouTube or from the online lessons that I sign up for. The biggest news is that I have signed up for Skillshare which is a year membership to lessons in all sorts of genres... Photograpy, business, music, and art. At least I'll always have somewhere to turn if I run out of motivation!
The bamboo forest with changing leaves.Bullet journal doodling.



Oh, it is a pleasure to see that you have been very active and made great progress on many fronts. I am relieved that your medication works and hope you are steadily on the way to recovery. Thanks to your stitching it is going to be a great Christmas for several people.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy life!
Queenie
You do such beautiful work. I especially love the watercolor of John!
ReplyDeleteI like the leaf on the little pouch. Glad you are able to be out and about walking without the pain any longer. I like your start on the Plaidish Quilt. I was just looking at my blocks for the Plaidish 2 pattern....I need to get those sewn up. You are very artistic in your journaling--I am always impressed at your interpretations of the scenes, colors and details you include.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you are feeling so much better! Hope it continues! Nice projects you are working on and it seems to me that you have your own style in the drawings.
ReplyDeleteI love your art work. The ginkgo grove and bamboo forest are so pretty. I'm glad you are getting around better now.
ReplyDeleteI like your art work. I think that you are too critical of your art. Thank you for sharing the website that you got the pattern from. There were several tutorials that I like. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you are feeling much better and getting back to doing the things you enjoy. I think your art is just wonderful! You seem to be learning so much and your talent is growing.
ReplyDeleteI think your painting/sketching is coming along nicely, and I do feel you are beginning to have a style of your own. It just takes a while to develop.
ReplyDelete