So, as things go, I'm rather a healthy patient in this hospital...
I'm still eating the diabetic diet and that looks like it is going to stay in place the whole time I'm here. It is enough food for me though I miss crunchy things and sweet things of course. It is getting kind of boring and is rather bland, but as I'm not having to do the cooking and cleaning up I'll just be grateful for the healthiness of it. Noodles for lunch yesterday, with carrot shumai, vinegared greens and mango chunks...
Dinner was rice, salmon, boiled vegetables and grated radish. Yogurt cup for dessert.
As for painting...When Tetsu was leaving the hospital grounds he took a picture of the hospital from the parking lot and sent it to me and it seemed like I should try painting it. As you can see, this is a major hospital, and people are here from all over the prefecture to get help. I feel I'm in good hands.
This was my painted rendition of it.
And a doodle in my bullet journal reminding me of all the blood tests I had the first day I was here.
I'm hoping to be able to go home on Monday! Two days away!


That's good news! Nice painting of the picture Testsu sent you.
ReplyDeleteLovely your waterclors! Your artistic skills have blossomed!
ReplyDeleteAs a retired nure, I encourage you to ask for a regular diet. No need to endure bland food for no good reason. You won't be rocking the boat!
Happy that you'll soon be home again!
Hugs!
Your painting is beautiful. I hope you get to go home soon with the needed information to feel better
ReplyDeleteHome just in time for Halloween... sounds like good news coming your way! Cheers, Renata
ReplyDeleteThank goodness there's no diabetes! That's a testament to the exercise you were getting before your illness. Stress can cause a spike in blood sugar and you have definitely been under stress! (I'm a nurse, btw, and it sounds to me like you're in good hands! )
ReplyDeleteGood news and the medication for arthritis works. Hoping you are soon home.
ReplyDeleteGood to know it's not diabetes!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and sending big hugs, Tanya. I'm glad you are getting answers. I love it that you brought your art supplies with you. I know it will be so good to be home again.
ReplyDeleteThat's great that it's not diabetes. It's so interesting to see the food you've had. It looks nutritious and balanced. I'm impressed that you've been able to blog and paint from the hospital! Your watercolors are so expressive. Hang in there as your treatment evolves!
ReplyDeleteSo glad it's not diabetes - mom deals with that and it is the cause of her blindness. No fun! Love your watercolors, praying you are home soon with good answers!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that it is not diabetes and that you are the healthy person at the hospital. I hope that by now you are out. It is also nice that you have your painting to keep you occupied while you are there.Hospital food is more to be tolerated than enjoyed.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hoping for details of your feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteSincerely, Helen from Kent, Ohio