I am so glad we did!!!
Oh my! The scenery was just beautiful!
We ordered a bottle of wine...
and some munchies and Takumi and Julieta told us about why they liked this winery.
We wandered around the vineyard.
Luka played around on a photogenic tractor.
We took pictures for this year's Christmas card!
Julieta said that of the many wineries they'd visited, this one had the best chaucherie board (which was a word I didn't even know.)I think Luka didn't like an olive on the chaucherie board.
We ordered so much food to go along with another bottle of wine!And the scenery was again beautiful! I could get used to this lifestyle!
After lunch we headed to ANOTHER winery! We ordered so much food to go along with another bottle of wine!And the scenery was again beautiful! I could get used to this lifestyle!
This time to try wine tasting!
This was an eye opening experience with the sommelier talking to us about what wines we liked (for Tetsu and me, none as we'd never had any) and the young man who was assisting us chose wines that he thought we might like. And Tetsu found out he likes sparkling wine and sweet wine!
This winery had a great lawn area where we all relaxed for an hour or so talking to each other and anyone else who happened to sit down. Luka and I rolled around on the grass.
What a day, what a wonderful day together. Tetsu, didn't see you in a photo today, but hope the wine tasting was a new and wonderful experience.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading and following your family holiday. A wonderful time had by all and especially your time, meeting Luka. Lots of precious memories.
ReplyDeleteThe final photo is simply gorgeous 💞
ReplyDeleteThe weather has been great and is perfect for your vacation. In all the years we've lived here, we have only been to 3 of the wineries. We aren't drinkers and have only visited for lunch. When our children were small, we lived in the wine country for 5 years. We killed 55(!!!) rattle snakes. We called Riverside Ag Department and they said there must be a nest of them in the rocks at the back of our property. ( Not sure if it is legal to kill rattlers but our children were small and had many close calls.) We moved back to Murrieta where our property had been dry farmed in oats for many, many years. No rattle snakes only King, Gopher, Rosy Boa, and Red Racer. None of them are poisonous.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice seeing your family enjoying themselves in our area.
Oh what fun! The vineyards all look so beautiful. Luka is adorable.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day with family and I love Luca's reaction to the olive! I agree with him.
ReplyDeleteHugs - Barbara Anne
So much fun! I loved reading about all your adventures with your family!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, what a day!
ReplyDeleteタニアさんもワイン飲むんだ。私も毎日ワインを飲んで🍷います。そのワインラリーは何処ですか?ナハバレーじゃ無いですね。カルフォルニアのサンフランシスコの近くで日本人が最初にワイン作りを始めたと聞いています。
ReplyDelete