Though not really patchwork, I spent a few days this week collaging another block for the McKenna farm quilt I've been working on al this year. No sewing started on any of these blocks yet... But it is nice to report that my friends are getting some sewing in! Mrs. N who is actually living in another prefecture during the pandemic, had asked me to help her design some small quilts that she wanted to give her friends. Mrs. N is known for her love of cats and so cats are what her friends are getting! The fabric is basically mine (lots of leaders/enders used!) and Mrs. N machine quilted the little quilts and added a bit of whimsy to each to make it seem as if the cats are looking at something. Let's see... Two cats are looking at falling cherry blossoms, one cat has its eye on a butterfly and one cat is getting ready to bat at some soap bubbles. I think Mrs. N's friends will be enchanted!
Then I have my friend M-san who finished her quilt of coffee cups! I had sent M-san home with a coffee cup template and some fabric and suggest she make a few and she came back a couple of weeks later with 30 some coffee cups! She made a few coasters and a small tapestry and a table center etc, and her finale is this beautiful coffee cup wall hanging! Isn't that nice and cheery!? M-san has now started on STARS and we'll see how many she can make before I see her again! Such gung-ho patchwork apprentices!
Shasta at High Road Quilter, has a quote quilt that she's making and though I haven't (yet) incorporated this quote that she had into a quilt, I did put it into my bullet journal.
Okay... Back to my flower applique!
Wow I love your farm collage! The striped hill in the background is so effective.
ReplyDeleteYour friends are fortunate to have you as mentor! Cute cats and whimsical coffee cups. I like your appliqué method. I have used freezer paper prep in the past and my "new to me" latest method is the "back basting" method.
Great friends sharing quilting! I don’t do much appliqué but appreciate the time and skill it takes to do it so well.
ReplyDeleteThe coffee mug quilt is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing your pretty applique' and process! I have trouble with the needle turn when it starts to fray at times so I want to try this starch method next. The farm quilt block is so cute and will be an awesome quilt. Love the black cat quilts :)
ReplyDelete