We've come to the end of the month and most of the photos I seem to have are of scenery... And most of those are on my phone. Sigh. There used to be a time when I carried my camera with me religiously (actually I STILL carry it with me in my handbag) but it is just so much easier to whip out my phone and take adequate photos... And when I go on my morning walks I usually don't want to be burdened with the real camera... I sort of wish I still had the habit of only taking pictures with the camera... That's what convenience over quality does to us...
So here are scenery photos. You can tell which ones are by camera because of the watermark in the bottom right hand corner.
This photo was taken early in September when I was coming home from the supermarket and driving through the rice fields.
Every morning I come out my front door and walk a minute to the main street and am greeted (on nice days) by the sun coming over the trees.
I walk past the elementary school where I'll be again in a couple of hours and 10 minutes later I'm at the top of a ridge where there is a little shrine and if I'm quick I can watch as the sun rises further.
This must have been taken on another day as the sun is in a different position over the countryside.
Tetsu doesn't come with me every morning but occasionally he and John make the trek, so he took this picture of me.
At the shrine on a foggy morning.My guys.
John sniffed up a feather. He wore it awhile until he sneezed it off. He does NOT like us fussing around his face so there was no helping him.
The school kids have put up scarecrows in their rice field. I think this scary figure is from the anime Spirited Away.
I don't know who this is supposed to be but he is holding a sign that says "Don't give in to the Corona Virus!" By the way, Japan now has 83,000 cases of Corona with our prefecture of Tochigi having 427 cases. Sigh. I can remember when I was concerned about the 4 cases Tochigi had... But for all that, life in our town goes on fairly normally with not too much concern about the pandemic.
And this was taken (by camera you note!) on a beautiful foggy morning.
As the sun which was behind me came over the forest, it was reflected in the windows of a far off farmhouse.
And thus we head into October!
Thank you for the lovely photos. Your walking route has many scenic views.
ReplyDeleteThe Corona Virus has finally caught up to our area & town. Both the Kindergarten & 1st grade teachers came down with it so they and the kids in those classes are quarantined. The convenience store has closed it's seating area again & has gone back to carry-out only. The clerks at the grocery store were all in masks...a first. It makes me feel like we wasted March, April, May and June. People stayed home, stayed apart, libraries, churches etc. were closed, used copious amounts of hand sanitizer and washed hands a lot with no sign of the virus in our area. Now that we're all fed up with the routine the virus is here & it's like we are starting over.
ReplyDeleteThat's what's happening here. It's worse now than it was in February, March, and April. I count those months as practice months for now. We got into some good habits for staying home or keeping things clean if we had to go out. Now those procedures really count and we can't let our guard down. We've had 18,000 cases so far in my county and 900 in my zip code. Most of those cases have been since July, after things opened back up a little.
DeleteI have to leave my zip code to grocery shop. I'm wearing 2 of those blue masks on top of each other now and being extra careful. Yet...they're about to start sending kids back to school in person. It's going to be a mess, an experiment that could cost some lives. There is no good solution. Those who can stay home are fortunate, if there is anything to be fortunate about in all this and if you can call it that. I have to remind myself every day to have patience.
I love your posts, so please keep going whatever camera you use. Irene in N Ireland
ReplyDeleteI have missed seeing your beautiful and amazing photography. Our lives have certainly changed, to walk outside, smell the fresh air and notice nature makes my day worth while. Hope you and Tetsu are well.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures- even those from your phone. You look great in the picture Tetsu took and I love the background. Time marches on and here we are almost to October. With all the wildfires out in California, I was wondering how your family there is doing. Hope everyone is safe. It was so sad to see the pictures of the wine country in the northern part of CA.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, I am still quilting with my quilting buddies, although on Zoom these days. At least we can "get together". Even our quilt guild meeting are on Zoom as are the workshops. I haven't taken a workshop yet but hope to in Oct. Could be quite different! I was hoping that the virus would be controlled by now but I'm afraid we have a ways to go.
Thanks for sharing your pictures of the countryside!
These photos are so beautiful. You really live in a beautiful part of Japan and it's so refreshing to see the countryside and the beautiful sky!
ReplyDeleteI quit using my camera when Google bought Picassa, and made it harder to upload the photos to the program. Now that it is Google photos (I miss Picassa) I don't know how to upload photos from my camera, only my phone. Why do they make things so hard for everyone? I liked my camera.
ReplyDeleteYou live in such a lovely area and can certainly see how the scenery changes during the year. ANY camera in your hands produce good pictures - you have a good trigger finger1
ReplyDeleteQueenie
I have taken very few pictures. I wish my spider lilies had such a lovely setting. I heard there was a spike in virus cases a few stations away. I'm glad for the technology that links me with my kids every week, but I do get a bit weary of zooming.
ReplyDeleteYour views, both close and far, are fantastic. I enjoy going along virtually on your hikes.
ReplyDeleteYou have an eye for catching the great shot.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy seeing your country.
Jean in Memphis
Such beautiful photos of such beautiful scenery. The little scarecrows are so cute.
ReplyDelete