Sunday, November 3, 2019

Random photos (again...)

It seems like I only have random photos these days...  I drive or walk by someplace and snap a picture but there isn't much of a story behind why...
Tetsu and I went to a nursery so that he could pick out flowers to plant before winter sets in (that's what he'd doing right now) and more than looking at flowers I enjoyed the pretty display of umbrellas over the many flats of plants. 
It always seems like flowers put under my care are doomed from the start and so instead of picking out plants I chased a butterfly around for awhile.
The other day driving back from pre-school I stopped by a local persimmon tree that is heavily weighted with persimmons.  I think I take a picture or two of this tree every other year or so because on alternate years it doesn't seem to bear much fruit.  This is a good year!
While taking pictures, two elderly men in a car stopped near me and asked if I was alright... maybe they thought I was having car trouble?  When I held up my camera they brought out their cameras too!  It seems that they too are locals and together we talked about camera settings and about how last year this tree hadn't had enough fruit to warrant being photographed but this year it is quite pretty.
They also said they had been up to Okunikko to hike and take pictures of the Noblewoman of Odashirogahara (my last post's pictures) and I showed them a couple of the pictures I'd taken last week and they showed me theirs.  It is nice to find something in common with strangers!
The mornings are colder and sometimes a pretty fog covers the countryside.
I've got my down jacket out already!  This must have been one of the mornings when John refused to go with us for a walk.  He is not an early riser and is usually grumpy in the mornings.  John is so much like a contrary teenager!
Often these days we are up before the sun.
This is a sweatshirt that I purchased for Tetsu from Bitmoji.  We all think Tetsu's bitmoji is hilarious because it looks just like him!   The shirt says "Leave it to me!" which pretty much sums up how Tetsu goes about life.  Sometimes I think he thinks he's superman!
Ha-ha!  My own personal superman!

8 comments:

  1. So cute! Appears Tetsu is enjoying his retirement! Good for him and you. We work so hard all those years and now is the time to do what you want, when you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it really does look like Tetsu. I'm flabbergasted.
    Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your photography. Tetsu is famous being on the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I especially like the one with the umbrellas. So colorful and cheery even though they are umbrellas!
    It does look a lot like Tetsu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of the umbrellas!! And Tetsu's t-shirt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures! That does really like Tetsu for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interestingly, the persimmon trees in my area that usually are covered like the one in your photo, have very few fruits this year. I think Tetsu must have a job on the side posing for t-shirt pictures. Tell John he is lucky he doesn't have to deal with my schedule ... 4 or 5:am business trips depending on how early I have to be out of the house...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that we have some things in common. My Flowers usually do not survive my tender nursing and my husband is really Superman if I think about. "Leave it to me" is a good description. The umbrellas seem to be an international phenomenon because I saw similar hanging umbrellas in a nearby town last summer. A beautiful eye-catcher between the city's houses.
    And as always you have great pictures and interesting writing.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.