Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mamma Mia

Let's see... What's going on recently?

LAST weekend Tetsu and I went to see the movie "Mamma Mia!". We both liked all the energy and music and were pleasantly surprised that actors like the old James Bond could sing! Usually I'm not to wild about musicals nor love stories but the music in this is so catchy. THIS Saturday Tetsu went off to get the car fixed or something and he came back with the "Mamma Mia!" CD for me! Isn't he sweet?! I haven't had a new CD in ages and listening to this one really gets the blood moving.

So I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday afternoon up in the sewing room with "Mamma Mia!" playing and I got a lot done on the Winding Ways. I hope to get the last two blocks done today. This has turned out to not be as hard as I was expecting. Of course those blocks aren't put in rows yet but most of the curved pieces are now blocks and I'm hoping that that was the most difficult part. The more I look at this the more I want to go back and take out pieces and rearrange but I'm refraining from that action. I had a bunch of blade pieces left over, I'd cut too many or needed a different color and cut more and I'm wondering if I can use them in a border... Does that green circle on the bottom need green blades or can I use these left overs? And what should I do about a border? Does this want a dark border or a light border? I have many more batiks that haven't been used in this center part and I have a nice piece of dark purple dyed fabric that might be nice...

On the hand sewing front I finished my block for the bazaar quilt. Mrs. Furui and I decided on the applique block and we've both been trying our hand at button-hole stitching. Hey, that was kind of fun! This block still needs a center bias circle but we'll put that in when we get all our blocks back.

Oh, and thanks to Kathy, I got word that Blurb is back and working again and can be used with Blogger so I went over to that website immediately yesterday and downloaded/uploaded (I can never remember which) some of my blog entries so that I can get another book made. Blurb really does a nice job... when it's working. That will be another long project to edit the book so don't hold your breath.

I need to do some house cleaning. Think I'll put "Mamma Mia!" on full blast and dance my way around the place with dish cloth in hand!

"See that girl,
Watch that scene,
Diggin' the Dancing Queen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.