Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween preparations

I'm getting ready for Halloween. This week, starting from tomorrow I'm dressing up as a witch and heading off to the pre-school (Monday) and the kindergarten (Wednesday) and all the other days greeting my English kids in my Halloween getup. I don't know how many years I've done this...

Then this morning Tetsu carved me a pumpkin so I feel like I'm ready. This is not a common custom in Japan and kids do not go trick-or-treating (although Halloween things abound nowadays in the Japanese stores).






One reason for the lack of Jack 'O Lanterns is that we can't get big orange pumpkins in Japan. Usually I have to be satisfied with a small green pumpkin but this year my friend Marlene supplied me with a very nice pumpkin that someone gave her. I asked Tetsu to go ahead and carve up the green one for me too. It was either that or pumpkin soup for dinner tonight...

Wish you'd come trick-or-treating at my house this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.