The only big news around here is that Tetsu and I celebrated our 44th wedding anniversery. We decided to go out for lunch at a somewhat trendy restaurant that specializes in vegetables. It is not quite a vegetarian restaurant but one could sure go that direction which I did.
I had Bagna cauda, a dish with a garlic and anchovy sauce and probably 20 different morsels of vegetables cooked one way or another. It was fantastic! There was also a salad bar so I really got my daily portion of vegetables this day!
I got semi dressed up for our anniversery lunch but Tetsu was in his usual summer attire of t-shirts, baseball cap and shorts. Though I don't have a photo to show of my battle with my computer, that took up a lot of my time this week! Sigh... Alas, though I thought my computer woes were over last month when my friend spent two days helping me out, the computer started acting up again this weekend and I threw myself on the mercy of my friend AGAIN!!! I took the computer back to his house and even left for the next two days while he and his son tossed around ideas about why the computer was not functioning normally and what could be done. The next day my computer was delivered back to me saying that it had been reset to the original version and was working normally again.
That was FANTASTIC and so far everything is back to normal HOWEVER... Because the computer was reset, I'd lost the browser I'd installed and all the tabs that I'd normally used. It took some brainpower for me to get those all back again... I had to reinstall a couple software that I use regularly, another mind-boggling activity for me, and then had to go back and verify myself on the websites where I have subscriptions. THAT didn't work so well, especially the SKILLSHARE website that I use daily so I contacted their support team and asked for help. Let me enthuse about how helpful SKILLSHARE was about getting my account back up and running!!! They reached out with personal service and were professional and kind about my problems (of course due to my own mix-up about passwords and mail addresses). I have been so happy using the SKILLSHARE tutorials for my drawing journey and their kind assistance gave them a gold star in my book!
I didn't have such great reviews of my home bank in the States however because I could no longer get back into my bank account because the reset computer no longer could be confirmed in their files I guess, and I had to get Leiya to come to my aid with that problem... But that too has been solved. YEAH! I hope I can forget about this computer from now on...
One of the last drawings from a drawing class on loose sketching before my computer crashed on me... No, I haven't been to the beach lately...
Another loose drawing, this time of the cicada that I fin on the trees and grasses around my house. I really like the loose sketches of some of the artists that I follow but I can't tell if mine are artistic or just scribbly...Not a whole lot of photos from Leiya but here is a photo of Taiga who is now smiling more and can hold his head up and enjoy the world!



Congratulations on your anniversary. I am sure the restaurant was a good choice. Vegetables in Japan are of high quality.
ReplyDeleteOh, how frustrating it must have been with even more computer problems. You are lucky to have friends and family to help you sort them out.
As always your artwork is fabulous.
Keep cool and dry in this hot and humid season.
Queenie
Beautiful sky, that would print onto fabric so well.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your computer woes. It really can throw you into and tailspin when we realize how much we depend on them. Glad all is up and running again.
ReplyDeleteLove your drawings! Wish I had the patience to draw but when it doesn't look like I think it should, I get discouraged. Quilting seems to work better for me.
Cute picture of Taiga!
Happy Anniversary to you and Tetsu! Your lunch plate looks scrumptious.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your computer woes and am glad family and friends have it back up and running with the subscruptions and accounts all settled. What a bother!
Love your sketches and your youngestest grandson is a cutie!
Hugs!
Taiga is growing so fast, and he looks a lot like his brother. I love your loose drawings and I'm not an expert, but they look artistic to me. In Indiana we are still under hot weather and the area I'm in has seen very little rain. It's hard to be outside for very long so it might as well be winter. Stay cool and enjoy your summer vacation!
ReplyDeleteThe lunch looks amazing and the baby is sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteOverseas banking is tough …. Wells Fargo which has been my husband’s bank since he was a young teenager decided that they will not keep customers who live overseas anymore. Fun, not! After being a customer for more than 50 years they cancelled his account! Luckily his sister is a Navy vet so by family connection he now banks with Navy Federal but it was very complicated. I guess if you don’t have big loans that you pay interest on you are not worthy of interest …. pun intended! He really doesn’t need an American bank but it makes it so much easier with his retirement not having to change into Swedish currency every month.
Artistic, definitely! And congratulations on the anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHi I don't check in often any more but always enjoy seeing what you and Tetsu are up to when I do. You two are looking very well. I love your sketchy art, nice to have that to work on when it is too hot for your fabric art. I see you have another grandbaby, he's adorable! Stay healthy and you will stay happy.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 44 years!! Your lunch looks delicious. I'm so glad you were able to get your computer back to "normal". Technology is complicated. Enjoy your summer days!
ReplyDelete