I didn't get a very good picture of my finished quilt just because it has been too cold to try and tack it up outside (besides the fact that I'm not going to walk too far to find a good place.) Maybe later this spring. Anyway, here it is laid out on our twin beds that are pushed together. The pattern makes for a good single bed quilt so it doesn't really fit on the beds in my bedroom.
Isn't this a great stash buster!?! There is another quilt on the website that is called Plaid-ish 2 using lighter value scraps, and looking into my scrap bin it looks like they could be used that way too. But anyway, here is the finished Plaid-ish Quilt, hand quilted quite densly in a plaidish pattern as well as stitch-in-the-ditch. I used three different colors of thread and it took me two months to quilt.
And I even got the label on so I can consider this done! Other sewing in my house has been from a website I found called On Williams Street and it is a quilt as you go block pattern. I decided that this might be a good quilt (well, maybe I'm not going to make the whole quilt) for M-san to start practicing her machine quilting as she is always experimenting but asks me for me examples. Together M-san and I have already made 6 blocks, 3 for each of us, and I guess when we get tired of making blocks we will start quilting and then call it finished when we're satisfied. These are our first blocks in three different colors (and we've started making our fourth block in greens).
I've made a head start on quilting the first block and as the On Williams Street website has a very nice Youtube quilting tutorial each month to follow, I just quilted as suggested. I'm using variegated thread whereas the teacher in the Youtube video uses white. M-san says she'd prefer to use white.
And this is my finished block. M-san hasn't started quilting hers yet...
My hands have been busy in February... I knitted up a neck warmer for Tetsu too. What should my next project be?

I just adore the plaid-ish quilt. So many bits of pattern and colour to look it, one would never tire of this quilt. Irene in N Ireland
ReplyDeleteGood job! Plaid-ish is very eye-catching. I could see it done in all sorts of colorways.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so happy to see how much you have managed lately. Both the finished Plaid-ish quilt and the starry block project with M-san are lovely. At this time of the year, colour is so important!
ReplyDeleteAll the best from
Queenie
Your Plaid-ish quilt is terrific and I really think your hand quilting makes it so special. What a great stash buster. It's a great feeling to finish a quilt, label and all!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is beautiful, so bright and cheery. Quilt as you go, that looks so good too. Keep warm.XX Jean.
ReplyDeleteI love your quilt and quilt blocks. I have friends that love Kitchen Table Quilting. I'm working on some blocks that I'm coloring with bright colors and then doodling on.
ReplyDeleteI downloaded that quilt pattern after you mentioned it on your blog. Sadly, I haven't done anything with it. But after seeing your finished quilt, which looks great, I need to start gathering fabric. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYour plaid-ish quilt is beautiful. It's cheery. Well done!
ReplyDeleteWow! The plaid-ish quilt is so cheerful! I imagine it would look quite different with low volume fabrics, but I do like the look of the more colorful fabrics.
ReplyDeleteSo Plaid-ish is looking good, and attracting feline approval as well..
ReplyDelete