Monday, August 15, 2022

Miscellaneous art

First off, I wanted to say thank you to the blog friends who commented about my hip problems and specifically mentioned "bursitis" as a possible cause.  I still don't know if I have bursitis (Japan is on summer, (Obon) holidays and I've not been back to the doctors), but giving a name to my ailment gives me something to go by and when I Googled it, the symptoms do seem to go along with what I'm experiencing.  

"Bursitis?  Wow, I remember that word from story books with older people hobbling around with bursitis, whatever that was."

I don't know if the first Japanese doctor I saw had this diagnosis and I just missed the Japanese word (I do that a lot...) but anyway, now that I can look up bursitis I feel that a way has opened up for me again.  Thank you!

Tetsu coddles me, not allowing me to do things that I still can do pain free, like wash dishes and hang out clothes.  He would be happy if I just sat around all day or better yet just went to bed.  I'm not at that stage yet!  I have been making the effort to go with him to the pool despite the high Corona numbers and we stay in the outdoor pool and walk the water for 30 minutes.  In this heat, it feels so good to get into cool water and since this is the only exercise I'm getting, I at least feel as if I've accomplished something!  So, grudgingly I say, "I'm glad I'm again a member at the pool."

Still appliqueing.  Nothing to show there yet... I'm still working on the Labyrinth quilt.

**********************************
I finished the class I was taking called 30 Days to More Confident Watercolor Sketching, through Sandy Allnock's website.  This was a great class if you want to paint scenes with loose flowers and Sandy does a good job of building upon a previously taught skill in each class.  I'll spare you seeing all 30 days of paintings individually, actually 60 because I did each lesson while following the video and then later in the evening went back and did a smaller version in my bullet journal to see if I could replicate my work alone...  
This was the progression of the class though.
And for comparison, Day 1, Day 15, and Day 30.
I don't know what I'm going to do arty now that this class is over... probably a bunch of hodge podge, but I would like to be able to add regular entries to my bullet journal...  My high school friend sent me a picture of her son's wedding, (I'd been invited), and so I recorded it in the doodly way I do...
Around here, Tetsu is my only model...  

10 comments:

  1. your sketches are fantastic I think and I will look at the class you mention. I have bursitis off and on in both hips - the left more than the right and stretches help a lot I find and mild exercise so you don't get too stiff. Hope you can find a doctor to help - I have occasionally over the years had a cortisone shot injected in the worst hip which did help

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for still commenting on your last post re: hip pain.

    Here are two links that I embrace, for anyone needing any exercise guidance:
    https://www.askdoctorjo.com/

    https://yogawithadriene.com/

    I have used both sites (and women!) for years. I appreciate that they put their exercises online for free. Do try them, you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your artistic creations are amzing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even without the class, the structure of painting every day for a month will produce a considerable improvement, but with the added guidance, the improvement is even greater - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am glad you found a diagnosis to match your symptoms and are still getting a bit of exerciise. Hope you're soon pain-free.
    Your drawings are lovvely and methinks you could sarrt a line of greeting cards!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! I love your watercolor sketching. I'm sorry about your hip issue. Armed with an idea of what the issue might be, I hope a doctor can give you some relief from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Rachel, doing a course keeps you on track. As it gives you a lot of joy you are willing to repeat the lessons one more time and make another picture. THAT is a great way to improve and develop.
    I am sorry to hear about your hip problem. You had knee surgery some years ago, didn't you? How are your knees now? Can a slight pain there cause you to walk unsteadily and put pressure on the hips? Do you feel better, worse or no change after you have walked in the pool?
    Thinking of you.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sketches! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! these are amazing, your a talented woman. Hope you are feeling better with your hip and you get an answer to the problem very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are very talented and I really enjoy seeing your art. The progression of the class pieces shows improvement and perfecting your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.