I went to the crosswalk as usual this morning and noticed that there had been a change in the walking group leaders coming from the different directions to school. Almost all children walk to school and they are made into groups to go and come home from school together. Each group has a leader, usually a 6th grader or one of the upper graders, who leads the line (and they are supposed to walk in a line) and then another upper grader who brings up the tail of the line. Everyone has their regulation backpack on their back and often carry along other tote bags with gym clothes or extra shoes or whatever. And these days every child wears a mask when coming to school and of course within the school also.
Earlier this week we got word that one of the grades of the local jr. high had been canceled for three days because of a Covid outbreak and sure enough, this morning the elementary school 6th grade class has been kept at home for the rest of the week because someone got Covid. That was the reason for the group leader changes. The pandemic has hit our town now... Today Tetsu and I have appointments for our third vaccination. I hope we'll have gotten it in time!
**************************
Okay... Luka update!
Luka-kun checking out the snow.
Fun times with Daddy!
And Mommy.
Um... I think you've got the wrong idea about how to wear sunglasses...
I love your photo updates. Your kids (and Luka, too!) parallel our kids' lives. So fun to see all the photos. I am sitting in my art room in rural Kansas tonight: must go turn on the heat! The north wind is lazy tonight (meaning it goes straight through you, rather than bothering to go around you.), and we are anticipating snow in the next 48 hours. My XC are ready for some action!
ReplyDeleteStay warm and healthy, the two of you.
Luka, you are the darling of everyone in the family, love your smile.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of LUka in the snow! How cute! Captures the wonder of a child seeing snow!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that Covid is so close to you in town. We have/had it in our neighborhood too. Our local drug store shut down because someone was positive. One day they allowed drive through prescription pickup. It is open now, but it is scary to know it is so close to home. Your family pictures are adorable. Looks like they are better now.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to see the family adventures. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteWear the best mask you can find until your shot, and stay away from unmasked people. I read an article today that said if you don't wear a mask and you're around an unmasked person who may be positive, you are nearly 100% likely to get infected. If you wear a mask, you have a 60% chance of NOT getting infected. If you both wear masks, it goes down to almost zero chance. This was 15 minute exposure time and at a distance of a meter or less.
ReplyDeleteLuka is so cute! I can see some of Tetsu in him. Takumi seems to have inherited your love of rescue animals. A wonderful trait to have passed on. The family updates are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling little guy! So nice to have lots of pictures to share too. I do remember when they had to be sent by mail...
ReplyDelete