Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Circle of Flowers

Just a quick post as I am supposed to take John to the vet in a few minutes for them to give him a bath today.  This was one of the doggie chores that we had planned to do ourselves but for anyone who knows John, none of us are up for that yet.  According to the vet, John gives up his rights once he steps into the clinic thus they are still doing the bath-time for us.
I have been staying downstairs most evenings, working on my Circle of Flowers!  It is coming along faster than I expected (I want this to be done by next January!  Still nearly a year away!)  I appliqued the second major flower in the ring... eight times.  Another flower with lots of those pesky little spikes!  This is really filling out well!

The pattern calls for a center "sun" in the middle of the ring of flowers but I'm not sure I'm going to go with that.  A center piece might detract from the flowers... but while I ponder that step I am going to work on the main flowers this week.  20 applique pieces for one flower!  Multiply that by eight?  I've got my sewing time laid out for me!

 Happy appliqueing!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is coming along nicely! You are making this design even more beautiful with the choice of fabric, but I can see that the spiky parts take time and patience. Are there really 57 pieces in the main flower? Well, you have stamina and can do it! At least you have plenty of time before January.
    Have fun!
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love your colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be beautiful. I love appliquéing. Since we move to a smaller house, I had to give up my sewing room and I've found it difficult to get back into quilting because I can't leave a mess out on the dining table for days on end. But you are inspiring me to get back into it even if only for 15 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be beautiful when finished. I love appliquéing. You inspire me to get back into quilting. Since moving to a smaller house and giving up my sewing room I have nowhere to leave my stuff out but I guess I can make it work.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.