I'm going to do a little bragging today.
Leiya has been in college for almost three months. English classes, art history classes, education classes are much harder than she expected them to be, dormitory life is a lot noisier and wilder than she likes. And the papers, the essays, the reports! She's still drowning! I've been trying to encourage her and at the same time not pressure her but sometimes she despairs of ever being able to get through four years of this. As one of my friends pointed out, "Well, if college life were too easy there would hardly be any benefit from going..."
"Oh Leiya. If you can do things like this and still think you can do better then you've got a lot of talent inside you still waiting to burst forth! You've only been an art major for three months. Of course you have to study the elementary stuff and the techniques. Don't give up! It would be such a waste if you didn't spend your time developing your artistic talent!"
Well, that day's conversation ended on a happy note and she was tickled that I praised her so much. I know absolutely nothing about art but this pen drawing looks exactly like her so I'd give it an A if she were in my class!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.